- VMware Virtual Volumes (vVols) on Pure Storage support.
- Pure Storage Pod and ActiveCluster Support.
- HPE Nimble replication support.
- Global Preferences in the ECX UI.
As VMware makes it easier to have more granular control of virtual machine disks using vVols, Catalogic wanted to make it easier for users to backup those vVols. In this release of ECX, users can now backup all their virtual machines residing on vVol datastores on Pure Storage. ECX can invoke a storage snapshot of each vVol datastore volume and store it in its catalog, enabling:
- Reuse of your VM on vVol backups for test/dev purposes.
- Simple backup solution using ECX SLA polices.
- Restore of individual disks of VMs.
Pure Storage Pod and ActiveCluster
Data that is sitting on Pure Storage pods that is in an ActiveCluster configuration can now be protected using ECX. Having another layer of backups within the ActiveCluster configuration adds another layer of protection for a user’s environment.
HPE Nimble Storage Replication
In the previous release of ECX, Nimble was added to the list of supported storage arrays. However, only snapshots were managed on the Nimble storage. With this release, ECX allows data to be replicated and managed between Nimble arrays, including:
- Replicate application-aware snapshots between Nimble arrays to achieve full data protection.
- Restore from either primary or replication array.
Global Preferences in the ECX UI
As ECX adds more and more features, there was a request by customers to allow for easier customization. The ease of customization is now achievable using the global preferences section of the UI. No need to run CLI commands to set preferences which can now all be set in the GUI. This menu of product customizations will expand with additional user requests.
Additional Enhancements in this Release
Catalogic ECX is a powerhouse when it comes to orchestrating data management for databases, fully supporting Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, SAP HANA and InterSystems Caché databases running on virtual and physical servers. Additional support added in this release includes:
- SAP HANA Multitenant Database and SPS 05 support
SAP HANA multitenant databases can now be backed up and restored using ECX. The latest version of SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 05 can also be protected in this version of ECX.
- VMware vSphere 7.0 support
Users running the latest VMware vSphere version can continue to use ECX to backup their VMs.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Always on Availability Groups and Failover Cluster support
Users running clustered SQL Server 2019 environments can now backup those environments using snapshots managed by ECX.
- InterSystems Caché 2018 support
The latest version of InterSystems Caché is now supported in ECX 2.12 and ECX can be used To manage all the different copies of the latest Caché database version.
For More Information
To learn more about the new Catalogic ECX 2.12 release provides application-consistent copy automation for HPE Nimble and Pure Storage, please view this ECX webinar. If you are attending Pure//Accelerate Digital 2021, please stop by our virtual booth and chat with us.